My first time making Homemade Granola, and I’m hooked! Switch up the ingredients to customize with your favorites and enjoy it as a snack, on top of fruit with nut butter or with your yogurt for a great start to the morning. Next time, I’m definitely making a double batch because we couldn’t stop eating it and was gone in just a few days!
- 2.5 cups whole rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, optional
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons creamy almond or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, optional
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs or chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut flakes, cinnamon and salt.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of the coconut oil and the maple syrup and almond butter. Stir until combined.
- Scoop the granola onto the baking sheet and press the mixture into a 1-inch-thick oval (to encourage clumping).
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and use a fork to gently break the granola apart just a bit and drizzle with remaining coconut oil. Bake for 15 minutes more, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with dried cranberries & cacao nibs, if desired. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.