Prep/Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 Cup Quinoa, cooked with broth
- 2 Cups Chicken or Vegetable broth (water will work too)
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained
- 1 15-oz can corn, drained
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- Cilantro Salad Dressing (I love Primal Roots Cilantro Lime or Trader Joe’s Cilantro Dressing)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Zest and Juice of 1 lime
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional: cooked chicken, pulled
- Bring 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups liquid to a boil and then simmer 10-15 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine beans, corn, tomatoes, onions, cilantro and avocado in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, lime juice and zest. Mix in quinoa and toss with salad dressing (to taste – maybe a half cup’s worth). Garnish with additional cilantro. Serve room temperature or chilled. Option to mix in pulled chicken or serve on top.