- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar (coconut sugar or white sugar)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup salted butter), softened*
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (& a few more to sprinkle on top) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray break loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or use coconut butter/oil on a paper towel to grease pan.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, soften 1 stick of butter for about 25 seconds in the microwave and allow to cool slightly. *I accidentally softened all the way to melted and it may have been the secret trick, try if you desire.
- Add bananas to the bowl and smash them with a fork. Add in applesauce and mix together.
- Add in the sugar, flour, baking soda, vanilla, egg and cinnamon to your mixing bowl. Mix ingredients together then fold in nuts and chocolate chips if you are using them.
- Pour your mixture into the pan, top with some more chocolate chips and bake in the oven for 50 minutes.