This is my new favorite pancake mix, made from scratch with love, and can be customized with your favorite toppings! Don’t let the apple cider vinegar fool you.
Makes 12-15 pancakes
- 2 cups oat milk (or any milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cup whole wheat or white flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons agave (or maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Toppings of choice: chocolate chips, bananas, berries, pecans, coconut
- In a glass bowl, combine milk and apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine and let sit about 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the egg, oil, agave and vanilla to the milk mixture. Whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Stir just until combined. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat your electric skillet or nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Grease with coconut oil or butter.
- Add in toppings of choice and gently stir the batter one last time, in case the liquid has separated. a soup ladle or large spoon, scoop batter onto the warm skillet.
- Cook until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes, 2 to 3 minutes then flip the pancakes and cook a few more minutes until lightly golden on both sides.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more oil and adjusting the heat as needed. Serve immediately, they taste best right off the griddle!