A new favorite rice to serve as a side with tacos, enchiladas or fajitas or use as the base for a taco bowl. It is packed with flavor!
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 Cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 Cup bell peppers, chopped
- 3/4 C Jasmine or Basmati Rice
- 1 1/4 Cups Water
- 3 Tablespoons Sofrito Tomato Base (I have only used the brand Goya, but any will do)
- Heat oil in medium-sized pot. Once oil is hot, add peppers, onions and garlic and cook on medium for a few minutes.
- Add Sofrito and simmer for a few minutes more.
- Add in water and bring to boil. Once water is boiling, stir in rice, cover with a tight fitting lid, turn heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5-10 minutes.